“To live in the world without becoming aware of the meaning of the world is like wandering about in a great library without touching the books.” – Manly P. Hall
The fascinating facts compiled in the list below will not only expand your wisdom about the world we live in, but perhaps also broaden your perception of reality as well.
Take a peek and comment with whatever fact is your favorite!
20+ Fascinating Life Facts That’ll Change Your Perception of the World
1. According to a law in Switzerland, social animals like Guinea Pigs must have a buddy with them. Owning only one is illegal, and considered animal abuse.
2. Whenever a baby girl is born in the Indian village of Piplantri, the residents come together to plant 111 trees in her honor.
3. The probability of you drinking a glass of water that contains a molecule of water that passed through a dinosaur is almost 100%
4. Owls keep little snakes as pets.
5. It rains diamonds on Jupiter and Saturn.
6. Cleopatra was alive closer to the invention of the iPhone, than the construction of the Great Pyramid.
7. Mario hits the blocks with his hand, not his head.
8. Honey doesn’t spoil. You could feasibly eat 3,000 year old honey.
9. The walls of the ruins of Pompeii are covered in ancient graffiti. People wrote things like, “Go hang yourself”, “Gaius was here”, “Thou art bald”, “Atemitus got me pregnant”, “Secundus defacated here”, “Phileros is a eunich”, and “I screwed a lot of girls here.”
10. Mother dolphins sing to their babies in the womb.
11. Male pandas do a handstand when they pee to compete for dominance by marking trees. Whoever pees the highest, wins.
12. This is what a child’s skull looks like before it loses its baby teeth.
13. Glass gem is a unique strain of corn with kernels that look like pieces of rainbow colored glass
14. When the first Star Wars came out, France was still executing people with the guillotine
15. When you die, there are companies that will turn your ashes into fireworks – so you can literally “go out with a bang.
16. The wooly mammoth was still around when the pyramids were being built.
17. The most successful pirate in history was a Chinese prostitute.
18. Humans share 60% of their DNA with bananas.
19. When you put your finger inside your ear and scratch, it sounds like Pac Man.
20. If you give wasps colored paper, they make rainbow nests.
21. You can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
See full list at: BoredPanda.com